A Center for Belonging
For nearly a decade, our mission has always been that whether someone is new to Milwaukee or simply ready to look at Milwaukee through a new lens, NEWaukee can help a person fall in love with this city. NEWaukee’s programs and initiatives motivate Milwaukeeans to look critically at the city in which we live, to realize its potential and to feel empowered to be a part of shaping its future.
To date, our practice and experimentation has been temporal and catalytic in nature. Our objective is always to drive new awareness and audiences to neighborhoods, small and large businesses, and causes that need support. With The Beacon, we are able to physically manifest the ethos of our mission in a permanent and compelling way. We believe the physical investment in the historic Walker’s Point area would have a profound ripple effect not only on that neighborhood, but also on the city as a whole, due to the extensive programmatic layers of development.
What Sets Us Apart:
- Best of the Best: High quality, locally produced products and services with a variety of point of sale experiences
- Sliding-Scale Retail Space: Temporary-to-permanent leasing options for local, diverse small businesses and artists eager to incubate their products and services.
- World-Class Programming and Event Space: Central location for the celebration of local culture and cuisine.
- Connectivity: Connection to all of the major bus lines as well as close proximity to all of downtown amenities.
- Small Business Support: Tenants of the project will have access to wrap around business services to ensure the success of their startup.
Photo Credit: Michael Marten, NEWaukee Lead Photographer/Videographer
Artwork: Crystal Cave Remix © Kristina Rolander 2019
- Empower new cultural production, social innovation and entrepreneurship in the city
- Build connectivity and belonging to combat the health crisis of social isolation
- Promote vibrancy and economic growth in the historic Walker’s Point area and beyond
- Create dozens of jobs that provide opportunities for residents to gain work experience
Photo Credit: NEWaukee
$3.4 Million Campaign Goal
To learn more about becoming a tenant or investor, join NEWaukee at the Fund Milwaukee public announcement on Monday, January 27, 2020 from 5:00 – 6:30 p.m. at the University Club of Milwaukee located at 924 E Wells St, Milwaukee, WI 53202.