11/18/2021 Team Updates
Now Hiring: Event Producer
NEWaukee is looking for a detail-oriented Event Producer to assist with the experience design, logistics, and execution of programming, both for our NEWaukee brand and our clients.
NEWaukee is an engagement agency that helps organizations build new, transformational experiences for their candidates, employees, members and customers. Our clients include Advocate Aurora Health, Baird, MATC, North Shore Bank, Sargento, and more.
This role will involve handling projects from start to finish, from understanding the overall programming goals to delivering quality results for our clients and NEWaukee communities, engaging in thoughtful conversations and providing the best customer experience to our audiences along the way.
On a given day, you may be: meeting with clients, coordinating details with vendors and event partners, updating budgets, creating and distributing program planning documents to stakeholders, and handling on-site event logistics. Excellent communication and attention to detail skills are vital in this role, as our success depends on meeting (and exceeding) our clients’ and attendees’ expectations.
You will work collaboratively with our entire team, providing key client insights and metrics to inform experience design, marketing campaigns, and more.
We get a lot done on our team. We’ve seen teams much larger than ours produce less. And a lot of that is because we hire people with drive who deliver consistently for our clients. We’re looking to keep that high bar for quality and consistency as we grow our team.
This is a full-time position based in Milwaukee, WI. We are a remote team but host in-person meetings and events for our clients.
What You’ll Do:
- Meet with clients to determine program goals, scope, and budget
- Collaborate with the Experience Design team to outline program plan
- Develop production timeline, detailed production documents, and supply needs
- Maintain program budgets and reports
- Create post-event recap documents and presentations for clients and internal review
- Engage Creative Team members for design, marketing, photo/video needs
- Coordinate all event partners including venues, AV teams, performers, speakers, instructors, vendors, etc. prior to, during, and after programs
- Handle all on-site program logistics including supply pick up, set up, tear down, and the maintenance of the event in between
- Coordinate with platform vendors and technical resources for virtual programming needs
What You’ll Need:
- 1-3 years experience of event planning (small- and/or large-scale)
- Well-organized with excellent multi-tasking abilities
- Passion for bringing people together and helping to find creative solutions to client needs
- Initiative, creativity, and an interest in experimentation
- An action-oriented, “fail fast” startup mentality – you are willing to iterate quickly to keep driving forward
- Outstanding vendor management, project management, and budgeting skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with tools we use: Google Suite, Mailchimp, Slack, Eventbrite, Zoom
- Reliable transportation to and from events, including some regional travel for out of city programs
- Ability to work some nights and weekends
- This is a full-time role with benefits.
- Though our team is remote-first, you are (or will be) a Milwaukee resident due to in-person programming requirements.
- We embrace flexible working norms and time off.