7 Ways to Have Fun at our Urban Island Beach Party!
Celebrate summer on the tropical shores of Milwaukee this Friday at our Urban Island Beach Party – an island-themed festival with proceeds supporting the Friends of Lakeshore State Park! So put on your best Hawaiian shirt, throw on a lei, and come to celebrate the park and the summer. Here are our top 7 ways to get beachy at our Urban Island Beach Party this Friday:
1. Launch a floating lantern into the lagoon at sunset! To participate in the lantern celebration, pre-purchase your lantern when registering for $20 & automatically become a member of the Friends of Lakeshore State Park. A limited number of lanterns will be available for purchase on-site. All proceeds of the celebration support the park. Pre-order your lantern →
2. Sip delicious craft beer, wine & cocktails. Our bar will feature beer from Eagle Park, Gathering Place, Milwaukee Brewing Company, MobCraft, Sprecher and Third Space, as well as a Central Standard Craft Distillery punch, MANCAN Wine, and Mike’s Hard Lemonade.
4. Bike to the park for a free beer, water or soda. Show off your alternative method of transportation by biking to the event and using Hometown Bikes‘ valet for a beer, water or soda on us.
5. Enjoy activities for all ages. Take a free kayak ride with Milwaukee Kayak Company, climb the Adventure Rock rock-wall ($5 for 2 climbs), play NorthSouth Club shuffleboard, get your face painted or experience intricate henna tattoo designs.
6. Learn traditional Hawaiian dances. Enjoy performances and take in lessons with the talented Hale O Malo dancers!
Leashed dogs are welcome. Seating will be limited, so please bring blankets and/or lawn chairs. No carry-ins are allowed.