03/08/2023 Engagement Projects
Everyone has a ‘Parking Lot’ for Good Ideas – We Can’t Seem to Let Ours Go
At NEWaukee, we’re lucky enough to have a highly creative internal team that is overflowing with amazing ideas for event design, brand engagement, and market strategy.
Because of this, we have created our Parking Lot – a designated space for all the incredible ideas that we really want to do (with the right partner!) or have done in the past that need a new home.
Check out our Parking Lot below. Is there anything in one of the parking spots that interests you or your company? If you want to bring something on this list to life, reach out for a chat with us so we can make that happen!
NEWaukee Parking Lot:
- Airplane Mode (previously Off/Line) – A completely offline, phone-free event featuring speakers sharing their personal and professional stories about connection and work/life balance.
- Belonging Project (with Bartolotta & Associates and Rivet) – A flexible training program for busy teams that pairs tactical training on topics like psychological safety in the workplace with accountability partners for further reflection.
- Camp Dream – A week-long program for community, educational, and career access for high school seniors that showcases career pathways that are important to specific local ecosystems.
- The Groovy 5K – A whimsical 5k non-profit fundraiser that features dance and music performances along the route.
- Eastside Echo (previously Eastside Music Tour) – A dynamic music crawl on Milwaukee’s East Side highlighting the city’s local music scene.
- The Eatery (click to see photos from 2018) – A unique dining experience that allows you to dine with hundreds of your closest friends at a long community table, featuring local vendors and music.
- The Exchange (click to see photos from 2019) – An intimate, bipartisan gathering of thinkers, creators, and change-makers around dinner and political conversation.
- Failure Fest – An unconventional take on a professional conference, featuring the untold stories of failure along the struggle for success.
- The Jam Sesh – An outdoor community brunch with live music that can be popped up in different local neighborhoods.
- Dry Labs – A series of sober-forward experiences to enhance fun without drinking, including events like a “(No) Booze Cruise” and speakeasy “Secret Sober Socials.”
- Tour de Cheese – A family-friendly bike race event that highlights Wisconsin’s unique culture, including our love of cheese, brats, and beer, along the bike route.
- Tournavation (see photos from a Tournavation in 2015)— An open pitch competition that aims to find innovative and interesting solutions to help a selected non-profit achieve its mission.
- Wellness Fest – An outdoor healthy lifestyle festival spotlighting wellness activities, plant-based food vendors, non-alcoholic beverages, and group yoga.