Since 1919, Baird has offered trusted financial advice and services to individuals, families and institutions around the world. With more than 4,500 associates, Baird commits to providing an inclusive and diverse environment for all team members to thrive.
As part of its culture of inclusion and diversity strategy, Baird established an Associate Resource Group (ARG) program with seven distinct offerings.
Baird approached NEWaukee to build upon its existing program. The firm sought to develop their leaders, engage ARG members and volunteers, and align the strategies of the ARGs to their firmwide goals.
Bringing years of experience engaging employees through innovative initiatives and events, NEWaukee met with Baird leads in Human Resources and Inclusion, Diversity, and Culture to uncover the following key insights:
• ARG co-chairs seek additional training on topics such as marketing and volunteer management, as well as on core Baird inclusion and diversity tools.
• There is an opportunity to optimize the transition of leadership and onboarding of new co-chairs to ensure long-term success of the ARGs.
• The relationship between executive sponsors and ARG co-chairs requires a meaningful investment.
• There are additional opportunities for inclusion and diversity initiatives and strategies to be fully integrated and deployed across the firm.
NEWaukee designed and produced a custom, full-day immersive and interactive leadership summit for ARG co-chairs and their executive sponsors to have an opportunity to learn best practices together and to set new goals and strategic plans for the upcoming year. Additionally, this summit provided an opportunity for incoming chairs to be onboarded and involved in the planning process six months prior to the official leadership transition.
Co-chairs participated in multiple interactive team building activities that forged new relationships and candor between ARG leadership teams. Fast-paced and hands-on workshops allowed for shared learning and action planning with custom worksheets and resource guides with best practices for ARGs.
• Generated 1,608 new leads to retarget for talent acquisition
• Content received over 73,802 social media impressions
• Attracted attendees from 10 countries and more than 30 US states
• Created engagement among current internal Kohler Co. associates
During the COVID-19 pandemic, NEWaukee pivoted The Shift to a virtual format while sustaining attendance on-par with pre-pandemic results. NEWaukee also designed and produced further public DEI programs for Kohler Co. called Leading Courageous Conversations.