American Federation for Children – Wisconsin (AFCWI) seeks to empower families, especially lower-income and historically marginalized families, with the freedom to choose the best K-12 education for their children.
AFCWI understands the power that marketing has to educate audiences and inspire meaningful action. With a small team, AFCWI needed a way to increase their internal capacity so they could have more dedicated, long-term focus on their marketing efforts.
AFCWI first engaged NEWaukee to create a five-year strategic marketing plan. Following this initial consulting phase, AFCWI then contracted NEWaukee as their agency of record to execute the newly developed strategic plan.
NEWaukee led AFCWI through a series of strategic planning sessions to determine brand messaging, audience segmentation and targeting, outreach strategy, and more. The resulting report outlined supporting data, metrics to track, high level goals, and suggested tactics to achieve those targets. This included:
• Identifying an opportunity to more clearly delineate market segmentations, identify key target personas, and create tagging systems with existing contacts.
• Storytelling can be better customized to specific audiences — for example, a softer and more empathetic tone would resonate stronger with young parents.
• Additional opportunities exist for the creation of content (videos, graphics, surveys) that utilize data from existing research studies.
• The use of content calendars and scheduling tools will systematize asset creation and campaign deployment.
Here’s What Working with NEWaukee Can Do:
Since 2020, NEWaukee has managed AFCWI’s marketing initiatives including: graphic design, organic and paid social media, sponsorship and event coordination, public relations, video production, community outreach, and network management.
A Holistic, Community-First Approach to Educational Advocacy
In the first two years of partnership with NEWaukee, American Federation for Children – Wisconsin gained:
• 3,800+ new social media followers
• 50 million social media impressions
• Over a million social media engagements
• 6,000+ letters of support sent to state legislators
• Earned media coverage in 10+ local media outlets
• Dozens of new videos and infographics added to asset library
• Hundreds of thousands of dollars in estimated return on investment
• Educational Advocacy Program to build a network of ambassadors