Managing for this Moment
Why invest in managers right now?
According to a study by Udemy, nearly half of employees said they’ve quit a job because of a bad manager. According to Gallup, managers account for at least 70% of variance in employee engagement scores across business units. And the least competent managers are scarily the most confident.
And that was before the stress and uncertainty of 2020.
Managers need NEW tools that equip them in resilience, inclusion and leadership for today’s virtual and shifting reality.
“But we don’t have time for training!”
We hear you.
We don’t want to sit in Zoom all day either.
So, welcome to development right sized for today’s hearts, minds & attention spans:
20 Minutes of Lesson + Reflection + Peer Networking = Sustainable Learning
“Our team wants to grow their networks both within and outside of our organization. Can this do that?”
Yes! As training wraps up, we’ll bring all of our manager cohorts together for a 90 minute session with a focus on breakout sessions and networking with peers from other organizations.
How do we make sure this is the best possible use of time and resources?
• Our pre-work survey will hone in on what track will be the most useful for your team right now. This survey will take less than 10 minutes to complete.
• We’ll combine brief instruction with ongoing multimedia resources to put tools into use.
• Our post-work survey will capture and prove results.
1. Resilience & adaptability
2. Creativity & ideation
3. Alignment & execution
4. Teamwork & inclusive experience
What does a typical week look like?
• Monday: Topic intro via video
• Wednesday: 20 minutes – info, tactical implementation ideas & a refresh on last week’s topic
• Thursday: Touchpoint via text or e-mail
• Friday: 2 question reflection
Interested in learning more?
Schedule a brief info session with Lauryn Deck, NEWaukee & Newance Growth & Development Manager.